Special Education – Certified Teacher (N-12)
Job Summary: Teacher responsibilities include providing direct educational and behavioral services to students using behavior analytic principles and strategies. Teachers assist the trainers in identifying, planning and developing individualized curriculum and programs for students, including motivational systems and behavior reduction procedures. The Teacher participates in IEP planning and meetings. In addition, teacher responsibilities include daily data collection, data analysis, and graphing of educational programs as well as behavior reduction programs. Educational material preparation and home visit assignments are also part of key duties.
Supervised by: Trainer
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Serves as Special Education Teacher for assigned students within classroom
• Assists in the assessment of learners within the classroom to identify strengths and weaknesses as well as goals and objectives for each learner’s Individualized Education Plans (IEP). Writes students’ IEPs.
• Collects, graphs and analyzes daily educational and behavioral data for one or more learners
• Conducts PA state assessments as assigned
• Implements educational and behavioral programming for learners based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
• Prepares necessary instructional materials for programming
• Prepares quarterly progress reports
• Provide instruction in community locations when applicable *(requires use of company-owned vehicle)
• Conducts home visits to provide parent training regarding program implementation *(Frequency is bi-monthly at minimum, requires use of personal vehicle)
• Attends and participates in:
- Back to School Night
- All Relevant Training Workshops
- Fundraising Events
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education required
• PA Special Education N-12 Certification or Private Academic Teaching Certification in appropriate exceptionality required.
• Minimum of one-year experience providing educational and behavioral services to individuals with autism utilizing applied behavioral analysis preferred.
• Must have current automobile insurance
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Must have current state motor registration
• Must have PA State Police, FBI and Child Abuse clearances
• Must have CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
Offering medical and dental coverage, retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation and paid sick time.
Job Type: Full-time /Starting salary up to $40,000/year
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Jodi Tashman, Human Resource Administrative Coordinator – email@example.com.
CLC is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CLC will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual preference, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma or any other characteristic protected by law. CLC will make reasonable accommodations when necessary.
Thank you for visiting our Careers page.